PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc. is seeking to hire a Junior Product Support Specialist for a position in Camas, Washington. .
A Junior Product Support Specialist represents PLEXSYS while assisting with the interaction of both internal and external customers of PLEXSYS modeling and simulation software products and systems. Assist more senior product support specialists with supporting and advising PLEXSYS software development teams, testing and project managers in the design of software user-interfaces. Maintains, updates and develops data-bases, exercise scenarios and guiding users through the use of PLEXSYS products during virtual and constructive exercises. Assists with timely resolution of customer inquiries and product issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist more senior Product Support Specialists working on product software development teams translating customer modeling and simulation requirements
- Aide product support specialists during the software development phase and create mock-ups of graphic user interfaces to be used in PLEXSYS modeling and simulation products
- Expected to be knowledgeable and proficient on the use of all PLEXSYS products
- Assist with training internal and external customers on the operational use of PLEXSYS products
- Help with the development, maintenance and updating of training products for internal and external customers
- Assist more senior product support specialists and Project Managers as required with operational subject matter expertise
- Participate in software testing and be able to articulate discrepancies to both operators and software engineers
- Assist with writing checklists, training materials, reports and other documentation
- Assist with PLEXSYS product demonstrations
- Assist with operating, interfacing and troubleshooting of PLEXSYS products in support of Live, Virtual and Constructive exercises and training events
- Assist with interfacing PLEXSYS products with other customer simulation products as well as real-world systems
- Learn to interpret network diagrams and understand connectivity between network participants
- Three years military Command and Control (C2) experience, or an Associate’s degree or higher in a related degree program, or minimum 3 years’ experience working with PLEXSYS products as a PLEXSYS employee
- Hands-on experience with modeling and simulation systems
- Knowledgeable of C2 mission planning and surveillance, weapons and tactics methodologies
- Understanding of military operations and the ability to communicate it to other Product Support Specialists, Software Engineers, Test Engineers and Project Managers
- Ability to represent PLEXSYS in a professional manner during presentations and training exercises
- Possess a basic understanding of how modeling and simulation applications interact with real-world C2 and datalink systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office products; Word, Access and Excel
- Ability to travel of up to 30% of the time
- Ability to obtain a security clearance of secret or above
- Experience using PLEXSYS products and other modeling and simulation systems
- Basic understanding of networking and the ability to identify computer hardware components
PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
To apply for the Junior Software Engineer opening, please submit your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.