Innovation Communications Specialist General Description
If you’re excited to grow and develop with a company looking to expand their disruptive innovation, then the Innovation Communications Specialist is the perfect opportunity for you. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with employees, team members, and stakeholders with diverse backgrounds from across the globe to clearly communicate innovation project opportunities, progress, and outcomes. Primary activities for the Innovation Communications Specialist will include supporting and encouraging innovators through the creation of papers, marketing, and learning materials. Part of your work day will also be spent creating relevant content for the company’s website, social media posts and blogs, business proposals, and corporate presentations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a motivating communication strategy that inspires creativity, giving the ability for everyone to contribute their ideas without fear of reprisal or undue criticism
- Lead and/or assist in the production and writing of documentation for innovation projects
- Works with the global Marketing and Communications team to create internal and external blog postings that provide awareness of the innovation program and encourages participation
- Operate in close coordination with innovation teams and department staff to ensure successful writing and publication of technical reports and white papers in clear language
- Assist with preparing, evaluating and writing scientific papers and publications for trade shows, conferences and external funding opportunities
- Research and produce both technical and general audience publications relating to innovation, technology, and market trends
- Maintain a list of current external innovation funding opportunities and manages the process for communicating these internally
- Funnel intellectual property related questions to appropriate departments for collaboration
- Bring enthusiasm and encouragement to innovators and projects
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for the Innovation Communications Specialist
- BS/BA in a related discipline, preferably with a background in communications, journalism, writing, marketing, or business.
- Strong influencing and communication skills with the ability to communicate a complex idea simply and encourage people to adopt ideas
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with good command of the English language
- Open-minded and outgoing with a passion for innovation and new technologies, preferably with experience working in or with tech startups
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high self-motivation and ability to work independently in an analytical and structured manner
- Ability to obtain a security clearance of secret clearance or above
- Exposure to the scientific method and technical publishing
- Experience in marketing, technical writing, or related field
- Proficiency with traditional and social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter
- Know-how with applying Design Thinking methodologies or working in innovation programs
- Use of collaborative tools such as Salesforce, Slack, Confluence, Rocket.Chat, Ideation, and similar applications
PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
To apply for the Innovation Communications Specialist opening, please submit your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.