Innovation Project Manager General Description
The Innovation Project Manager at PLEXSYS manages multiple concurrent projects, with a diverse set of project teams and stakeholders. In this role, the Innovation Project Manager sets and drives milestones and work efforts in support of project objectives. This position also works with the Director of Advanced Technologies on the design and execution of long-term disruptive innovation projects. Drawing on excellent communication skills, this person checks in with project teams and provides transparency of status and encouragement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages a portfolio of innovation projects, which includes the management of both operational pilot projects as well as thought leadership initiatives, planning, execution and control for achieving the material, time and cost targets
- Assists ad hoc teams to establish, re-evaluate, and update project milestones and schedules to be specific and achievable
- Works with employees across the company to help define and scope their ideas for exploratory innovation projects.
- Advises and works with the Innovation Council on estimated time and resources for exploratory projects, as well as scheduling availability of innovation team members.
- Makes key decisions and perform analyses which will enable project success and completion
- Develops and manages time estimates and schedules for multiple concurrent projects
- Gathers project metrics and performance data for the Director of Advanced Technologies, and make recommendations for process or other improvements
- Determines the need for events required to support projects, determines needed budgets, and obtains financial approvals as needed
- Ensures transparency in project progress and prepares internal communications on project updates
- Fosters relationships with external entities, such as institutions and partners, to facilitate joint project success
- Assists with software development under and agile process
- Supports seeking out and recruiting diverse and creative team members, highlighting their role in the project and how the project will contribute to the strategic plan of PLEXSYS
- Promotes psychological safety, or the ability for everyone to give voice to their ideas without fear of reprisal or undue criticism
- Appreciates creativity and divergent thinking to imagine non-obvious directions
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in related discipline, preferably with a background in science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Four to six years’ experience in project management or related field
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills with high self-motivation and ability to work in an analytical and structured manner in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated time management skills and discipline in setting priorities
- Open-minded and outgoing in character with a passion for innovation and new technologies, preferably with experience working in or with tech startups
- Strong influencing and communication skills with the ability to communicate a complex idea in a simple way and encourage people to adopt ideas, both written and verbal
- Ability to obtain a security clearance of secret clearance or above
- Agile software development experience
- Experience applying innovation processes, such as Design Thinking methodology
- Practice working in innovation programs
- Proficiency with scientific research and technical writing
- Exposure to collaborative tools such as Salesforce, Slack, Confluence, Rocket.Chat, Ideation, and similar applications
PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
To apply for the Project Manager opening, please submit your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.