PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc. is seeking to hire a Software Engineer for a position in Camas, Washington.
Software Engineer General Description
At PLEXSYS, as a Software Engineer you are responsible for designing, developing, and modifying software applications for the modeling and simulation software industry. By following a detailed design control methodology, you’ll writing concise product requirement documents, specifications, and design descriptions. A Software Engineer is expected to track development timelines, lead the design phase, and negotiate feature sets with development leads and product managers. You’ll rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish your goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs detailed software designs as well as implement and/or maintain code according to duties and responsibilities
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned projects
- Comply with all applicable product development processes
- Contribute to a variety of complicated engineering tasks
- Generate detailed software design as well as implement and/or maintain code according to duties and responsibilities
- Manage and adhere to schedules, deadlines and development goals
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s in computer science or related field, Master’s desirable
- 2+ Years of Professional Object-Oriented Software Design and Implementation Experience or 1 Year of PLEXSYS Junior Software Engineer Experience
- Organizational, leadership, decision-making and communications skills
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Skill to apply creativity and latitude in solutions is required
- Availability to periodically travel as business needs dictate
- Knowledge of modeling and simulation concepts and practices desirable
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance – Secret, Top Secret desirable
- Experience writing software using C++ and SCALA
- Knowledge working with modelling and simulation software products and concepts
- Military experience in a Command and Control or Intelligence Reconnaissance and Surveillance career field
- Ability to setup, configure and troubleshoot a local area network
- Familiarity using JIRA, Confluence, Visual Studio, IntelliJ and Perforce
- SISO and DMO Standards familiarity
- Database Management knowledge
PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
To apply for the Software Engineer opening, please submit your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.