PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc. is seeking to hire a Software Test Engineer for a position at the Distributed Mission Operations Center (DMOC) at Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Software Test Engineer will support the Distributed Mission Operations Center (DMOC) mission at Kirtland Air Force Base, NM. The DMOC mission is to develop and integrate technologies to deliver a Live-Virtual-Constructive (LVC) combat environment for Air Force, Joint and Coalition warfighter training. The DMOC promotes the use of Distributed Mission Operation capabilities to connect Air Force (AF), Joint, and Coalition simulators and facilities into a LVC training environment to train, test, and experiment on modern warfighting Tactics, Techniques and Procedures to prepare for major combat operations.
Designs and develops tests and test requirements for products, systems, software and/or related components and equipment. Will support a multi-step testing process to ensure that the quality and security of the DMOC enterprise is maintained. The PLEXSYS Software Test Engineer will operationally report to the General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) lead and administratively report to the PLEXSYS Site Manager.
About General Dynamics Information Technology
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
About PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc.
PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc., is a 100% employee owned small business, specializing in modeling and simulation systems and support services for 21st Century Air, Land, and Sea synthetic training. PLEXSYS concentrations include the development of Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) environment generation technologies used throughout USAF Distributed Mission Operations and other joint and international high-fidelity simulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and develops tests and test requirements for products, systems, software and/or related components and equipment
- Troubleshoots problems and documents findings of tests
- Defines testing processes and ensures tests adhere to established standards
- May participate in quality assurance plan development
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced test engineers
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Five to eight years of related experience in testing, engineering or quality assurance
- Security Clearance: Secret or above
- Knowledge of C++, C#, Visual Basic, Java, and Python required
- Knowledge base in Distributed Interacive Simulation (DIS) Protocol Data Unit (PDU) and tactical datalink message manipulation highly desired
- LVC/DMO experience highly desired
PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
To apply for the Software Test Engineer opening, please submit your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.