Bridging the gap between the Live, Virtual and Constructive worlds
Direct Link Interface (DLI) is a hardware and software solution for customers with a requirement to interface operational data link terminals and live participants, with virtual or constructive participants in a simulated virtual world.
- Flexible protocol translation tool that allows dissimilar platforms to exchange data without modification.
- Provides simulators and real-world operational systems the ability to exchange multiple message formats across networks in real-time.
- Single DLI application can be set up to exchange data link information on behalf of numerous clients, each with different datalink message exchange requirements.
- DLI can reside on a server, desk top, or laptop computer allowing for flexibility of configuration.
- Windows-based application, providing ease of use to the operator.
- Share simulated data link with a JRE, MSCT, ADSI or any Common Operational Picture display in a JREAP-C format.
The PLEXSYS Direct Link Interface (DLI) uses high-speed processing to assimilate and translate data link messages on the fly bi-directionally. This allows our customers to use actual “mission use” hardware even while participating in a virtual exercise environment. Simply put, on the live side of a mixed environment training venue, DLI provides a data source that mission hardware perceives as live data, while at the same time, receives and translates data from mission hardware for distribution to virtual consumers. This provides a clear path for platform hardware configuration management while providing a flexible training venue.
INTERFACES & PROTOCOLS SUPPORTED
- STANAG 5602 SIMPLE (Link 16, Link 11, DIS)
- MIL-STD-3011 JREAP Annex C (Link 16)
- MIL-STD-1553 JTIDS terminal emulation (E-3, RJ/JSTARS, CRC/MCE)
- DIS (Entity Information, Link 16, Surrogate Link 16, Link 11)
- ITU-R M.1371 Automatic Identification System (AIS)
- NATO AWACS interfaces (Radar, IFF, Link 16, Link 11)
- Other customer-specific data link protocols
Located approximately 20 minutes from the Portland International Airport (PDX), PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc. is headquartered in picturesque Camas, Washington.
Visitors to any PLEXSYS office or location must coordinate with an appropriate PLEXSYS team member prior to visiting. If you would like to arrange a visit, please contact email@example.com.