Direct Link Interface (DLI) is a hardware and software solution for customers with a requirement to interface operational data link terminals and live participants, with virtual or constructive participants in a simulated virtual world.
• Flexible protocol translation tool that allows dissimilar platforms to exchange data without modification.
• Provides simulators and real-world operational systems the ability to exchange multiple message formats across networks in real-time.
• Single DLI application can be set up to exchange data link information on behalf of numerous clients, each with different datalink message exchange requirements.
• DLI can reside on a server, desk top, or laptop computer allowing for flexibility of configuration.
• Windows-based application, providing ease of use to the operator.
• Share simulated data link with a JRE, MSCT, ADSI or any Common Operational Picture display in a JREAP-C format.
The PLEXSYS Direct Link Interface (DLI) uses high-speed processing to assimilate and translate data link messages on the fly bi-directionally. This allows our customers to use actual “mission use” hardware even while participating in a virtual exercise environment. Simply put, on the live side of a mixed environment training venue, DLI provides a data source that mission hardware perceives as live data, while at the same time, receives and translates data from mission hardware for distribution to virtual consumers. This provides a clear path for platform hardware configuration management while providing a flexible training venue.
Interfaces & Protocols Supported
- STANAG 5602 SIMPLE (Link 16, Link 11, DIS)
- MIL-STD-3011 JREAP Annex C (Link 16)
- MIL-STD-1553 JTIDS terminal emulation (E-3, RJ/JSTARS, CRC/MCE)
- DIS (Entity Information, Link 16, Surrogate Link 16, Link 11)
- ITU-R M.1371 Automatic Identification System (AIS)
- NATO AWACS interfaces (Radar, IFF, Link 16, Link 11)
- Other customer-specific data link protocols
Contact us for more information …