Direct Link Interface (DLI) 6.8 Unveiled
Apr 15, 2020 | By: Tara Marta
CAMAS, WA (April 15, 2020) – PLEXSYS recently unveiled Direct Link Interface (DLI) 6.8. This unbelievably versatile protocol translation tool is a software solution for customers with a requirement to interface operational data link terminals with synthetic, live, and blended participants.
Why is it Important to M&S?
DLI is an essential gateway, supporting the exchange of data link messages, between training systems and simulated data link participants in the DIS environment. This data exchange can be multi-way, where DLI is the access point that brings together multiple nodes, using a variety of available interfaces. DLI offers users the ability to route data interfaces, with options to filter DIS and Link 16 data. It is also has a robust notification and logging system for further troubleshooting.
“When working on the newest release of DLI, we were very deliberate in ensuring we met the needs of our customers. DLI 6.8 does just that,” said Davor Braut, PLEXSYS Utilities Product Manager. “DLI is the bridge that allows live integration with a virtual and constructive environment. PLEXSYS customers use DLI to facilitate data exchange between DIS and external platforms. They are pleased with design usability and minimal training involved in becoming proficient with the product.”
- DLI supports multiple data link types
- DLI supports DIS as well as real-world platform interfaces
- DLI can generate DIS simulation based on live Link 16 information
- DLI is highly configurable, allowing active (2-way) or passive (unidirectional) data sharing
- DLI supports JTIDS terminal emulation (E-3, MCE, RJ)
- DLI implements several Military Standards (MIL-STD) and Standard NATO Agreements (STANAG)
- DLI provides support for Link 16, Link 11, AIS, UDL, and several other data links
- DLI is based on COTS equipment, keeping physical footprint and costs to a minimum
To discover how DLI can enhance your specific mission success, please contact PLEXSYS professionals at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a demonstration.
Founded in 1986, PLEXSYS is a modeling and simulation (M&S) software company with 35+ years of delivering Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training readiness solutions and innovation. We are a 100% employee-owned small business, with more than 200 full-time employees plus part-time consultants in nine states and four foreign countries.