PLEXSYS introduces new OnScene Commander 1.1 software
Mar 21, 2016 | By: Tara Marta
CAMAS, Wash., March 21, 2016 — PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc., a leading provider of modeling and simulation solutions, today announced the launch of OnScene Commander 1.1, the newest version of its Emergency Management situational awareness technology.
Available for Windows, OnScene Commander is a tool designed to present mission-relevant, actionable information fostering time-critical decision making. Emergency Management operations supported include, but are not limited to Wild Firefighting, Natural Disaster Response and Recovery, and Search and Rescue Support. Further uses may include any situation requiring awareness of deployed field assets, both personnel and equipment, including Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) via direct telemetry downlink. With the goal of helping users see and understand situational data, OnScene Commander utilizes real-time and near real-time tools to provide valuable service in all these situations.
OnScene Commander 1.1 offers several new features and improvements:
- Client Server Architecture – Harness the power of distributed software structure, sharing data between clients.
- GPS Track Support – Import GPX data from a GPS beacon or load it from a file.
- Improved Search Capability – Quickly center on the map location of an asset of interest.
- Improved Text Message Notifications – Quickly send message to, or view and respond to a message from an asset.
- Asset Count Indicator – Have the count of active and inactive assets in your field of view at your fingertips.
- Improved Scalability – Handle the load of thousands of assets with the new software architecture.
- Improved Responsiveness – Receive near real-time updates to asset location information.
OnScene Commander 1.1 is available for purchase from PLEXSYS and resellers worldwide. For more information please visit www.plexsys.com/onscene-commander.
Founded in 1986, PLEXSYS is a modeling and simulation (M&S) software company with 35+ years of delivering Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training readiness solutions and innovation. We are a 100% employee-owned small business, with more than 200 full-time employees plus part-time consultants in nine states and four foreign countries.