PLEXSYS Announces the Simulation Platform Interface 1.4 software release
Oct 13, 2022 | By: Tara Marta
CAMAS, WA (October 13, 2022) – The PLEXSYS Utilities Team recently announced the Simulation Platform Interface (SPI) 1.4 software release. SPI is a core component of the Airborne Warning And Control System (AWACS) Block 40 Mission Crew Training System (MCTS). SPI is a data gateway between the AWACS mission computing software, Advanced Simulation Combat Operations Trainer (ASCOT), and the Sonomarc communications suite. This gateway functionality is the key to providing a mission crew training capability that leverages simulation to make the real-world operational system come to life.
Key product features:
- Simulation data generated by ASCOT is collected, processed, and input into the AWACS sensor models, which govern what sensor data is displayed to the mission crew in training.
- Facilitates propagation of relevant AWACS mission crew controls out of the mission computing system and into the simulation environment.
- Relies on environmental data to supply ownship models with line-of-sight information.
- The data-driven mechanism allows users to specify faults and controls for ownship subsystems.
- Comprehensive test harness maximizes software testability, resulting in ease of maintenance and high operational uptime.
- Support for unidirectional data exchange with the simulation subsystems for operation in a multi-security domain environment.
- SPI Server can connect to multiple SPI clients, and each client can remotely control the server state.
- Support for 32-bit and 64-bit deployment.
- Added support for alternate entity type in Entity State PDU when the data is available.
- Improved handling of variances in terrain elevation for better compatibility with other simulators.
“SPI is one of our gateway products that aims to bring the power of simulation to operational command and control systems,” said Davor Braut, Product Manager. “We are very pleased to provide our customers with a tool that enables them to train as they fight.”
For more information about this product, contact our subject matter experts at email@example.com. To learn more about other PLEXSYS solutions, visit our website.
Founded in 1986, PLEXSYS is a modeling and simulation (M&S) software company with 35+ years of delivering Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training readiness solutions and innovation. We are a 100% employee-owned small business, with more than 200 full-time employees plus part-time consultants in nine states and four foreign countries.