Situational awareness software from PLEXSYS, the new OnScene Commander 1.0
Jun 10, 2015 | By: Tara Marta
CAMAS, WASHINGTON (June 10, 2015): – PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc., a leading provider of modeling and simulation solutions, today announced the availability of OnScene Commander 1.0, a new version of its revolutionary situational awareness software technology.
Available for Windows, OnScene Commander is a situational awareness software tool designed to present mission-relevant, actionable information fostering time-critical decision making. Emergency Management operations supported include, but are not limited to Wild Firefighting, Natural Disaster Response and Recovery, and Search and Rescue Support. Further uses may include any situation requiring awareness of deployed field assets, both personnel and equipment. OnScene Commander utilizes real-time and near real-time tools to provide valuable service in all these situations.
OnScene Commander 1.0 offers:
- Personnel Locator System – Use GPS uplink to track location and status of personnel
- UAV Positional Information – Use UAV uplink to track location and status of UAV assets
- Modeling and Simulation Support – Test, analyze, and train operators in a virtual environment
- Area Monitoring Capability – Get alerted when your assets leave their area of operation
- Coordinate System Flexibility – Only the preferred coordinate system will be used in the UI
- Distance Unit System Flexibility – Chose the preferred units for elevation and distance displays
- Inactivity Detection Alert – Get alerted if your assets are inactive for too long
- Magnetic Variation Support – Support for assets relying on magnetic compass navigation
- Shape File Support – Load and display shape file data to augment situational awareness
OnScene Commander 1.0 situational awareness software is available for purchase from PLEXSYS and re-sellers worldwide. For more information please visit www.plexsys.com/onscene-commander.
Founded in 1986, PLEXSYS is a modeling and simulation (M&S) software company with 30+ years of delivering Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training readiness solutions and innovation. We are a 100% employee-owned small business, with more than 200 full-time employees plus part-time consultants in nine states and four foreign countries.