Software Engineer Camas, WA
Jan 22, 2015 | By: Tara Marta
PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc.® is seeking to hire a Software Engineer for a position in Camas, Washington. This is an intermediate level position for professionals with two or more years of industry experience.
A Software Engineer (SE) is responsible for designing, developing, and modifying software applications for the modeling and simulation software industry. Following detailed design control methodology, the SE writes concise product requirement documents, specifications, and design descriptions. The SE is expected to track development timelines, lead the design phase, and negotiate feature sets with the development leads as well as product managers. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position reports directly to a Product Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs detailed software designs as well as implement and/or maintain code according to duties and responsibilities
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Perform a variety of complicated engineering tasks
- Comply with all applicable product development processes
- Maintain and evolve software design documents based on evolving system requirements
- Manage and adhere to schedules, deadlines and development goals
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Must have 2+ years of experience designing and implementing software using C, C++ and Object Oriented Design and Development Methodology
- Strong relational database knowledge
- Knowledge of modeling and simulation concepts and practices desirable
- Demonstrated organizational, project leadership, decision-making, human relations and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly
- Demonstrated critical thinking
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Ability to travel periodically to provide on-site Engineering and Development support and for meeting with current and potential customers.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance of secret or top secret desirable
PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
To apply for the Software Engineer position opening, please submit your resume to Human Resources through our Contact Us page.
Founded in 1986, PLEXSYS is a modeling and simulation (M&S) software company with 30+ years of delivering Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training readiness solutions and innovation. We are a 100% employee-owned small business, with more than 200 full-time employees plus part-time consultants in nine states and four foreign countries.